Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Pirates! Week Ending 1-4-2009


More Pirates!

Thanks to my rules, copying is allowed. This isn't exactly copying but close. I decided to go through the many 'how to make puppet books' I have and to actually make one of the puppet projects! For this week (ok last week - I'm late in posting) I opened the Laura Ross "Scrap Puppets - How to Make and Move Them" book to page 26. There you'll find directions on how to make Pirate Pete. The main materials are toilet paper tubes, felt, yarn and glue. I added a second tube to fit over two fingers, some rods for the yarn arms and some beads. The rods are from a discarded umbrella I had saved.
I think I'll use some white paint to help the blue/black fellow stand out from the curtain, and perhaps give them some legs and boots. These guys are small enought that I'll keep them around for a while.
All I need now is a treasure chest,a skeleton,  some sharks, seaguls, swords and shovels and methinks I have the makings of some puppet pirate skits.

Week 2 is finished...50 to go!

Oh - the stage you see is a work in progress.  It's a gift from my friends Nancy and Bob.  There were originally 6 windows and no playboard.  I cut the support from the top 2 windows to make a play area  and fashioned the playboard from a piece of 1 x4.  The stage actually needs a coat of paint because it had been in storage for a while and shows some stains.  The remaining windows will get a panel of something until I decide how best to use them.  They can be curtained or perhaps turned into a sort of a window box for a marionette.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. 第一张图,那连着线的两个人儿,给我第一印象有点儿像中国的木偶戏;
    :-)
    做得很赞

    ReplyDelete