Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Additional Kazoo Enhancement

I continued fooling around with the kazoo enhancement. I'd like to offer it as a workshop for kids, but the sharp things gave me pause. Even the hot glue has its dangers. So with a minimum of adult cutting and hot gluing I created this modification.

  1. The thin half liter bottle is cut with scissors. I cut off the bottom and cut a V in the side.
  2. I taped the V together with clear tape so the sound amplifier bottle points more foward.
  3. The Adult cuts a hole into the bottle's CAP. (this did require a box cutter, but for mass production perhaps something could be rigged up on a drill press)
  4. Hot glue is applied to the kazoo's resonator cap.
  5. The Kid sticks the bottle cap (and attached bottle) to the cooling hot glue. (check that the bottle opening is pointing in the direction you want it to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment